Option 4 - Brakecheck (inc Portable Printer, Pc Software)
The BrakeCheck is a fully self-contained, portable, battery-powered device that can be used by workshops, government traffic authorities, testing and inspection stations etc. to test and report on vehicle brake efficiency. The unit is MOT approved.
The BrakeCheck determines braking efficiency of both the Service Brake (Foot brake) and Hand Brake by measuring deceleration.
Designed to be self-compensating, the instrument will indicate on the LED screen when it is positioned level enough to perform a brake test. A generous tolerance ensures "level enough" is easily achieved. All operations are performed using only three buttons on the unit.
The BrakeCheck can be used to test any type of vehicle, including motorcycles, and can be positioned anywhere in the vehicle.
The device operates on 4 rechargeable Nickel Cadmium batteries and will power-down after a period of inactivity to conserve energy.
With the BrakeCheck, test results can be viewed on the display or downloaded to a PC. Printing can be done from the PC or by using a portable serial or infrared printer.
BrakeCheck - Features
- Double Axis Accelerometer
- Measures Peak Deceleration Front/Rear
- Measures Average Deceleration Front/Rear
- Measures Peak Acceleration Left/Right
- Vehicle pulls Left/Right indication and value
- Calculates Stopping Distance (metres or feet)
- Calculates Test Speed (km/h or mph)
- Can be used for Hand Brake Test
- Audio Signal
- Measures Ambient Temperature in Â°C and Â°F
- Battery charger supplied
- Operates for one hour or approximately 120 tests on full charge
- Can be used after 5 minutes of charging
- Battery charge indicator
- Automatic level compensation
- Simple LED indicator system
- Easy to use
- "Calibration Required" indicator
- Three digit readout
- Display can be read in sunlight
- Internal self diagnostics
- Test results are stated in 'G' units and are accurate to +/- 0.02G
- Size: 170 x 80 x 35 mm
- Weight: 0.4kg