Dustbuster - Ch/mo/gr Precleaners
These Air Precleaners consist of a steel housing with static vanes and a rust-proof rotor mounted on dual ball bearings over double-welded plate steel. The perforated metal prescreen at the inlet is standard. The outlet tube can be adapted with the supplied reducing sleeves for a variety of oulet choices. DUSTBUSTER Engine Air Precleaners are powder coated for a durable, corrosion resistant finish. Air flows range from 53 to 1411 CFM (1.5 to 40.0 m3/min.)
DUSTBUSTER Engine Air Precleaners are designed to be mounted on or connected to the air filter intake of a gasoline, diesel or compressed natural gas engine air cleaner. Their applications include all slow-moving and industrial equipment such as agricultural machinery; earth moving, construction and mining equipment; pumping plants; generator sets; material handling equipment; snow removal equipment and street sweepers.
HOW THEY WORK
DUSTBUSTER Engine Air Precleaners are usually installed in place of the rain cap, dust bowl, or aspirated precleaner (exhaust system). In some applications, they can be mounted directly to the air cleaner. Air enters the system through a pre-screen that removes large debris. It then flows through static vanes causing the air to spin. As the air spins, centrifugal force separates dust, dirt, insects, rain and snow from the air stream. The swirling air drives a high velocity rotor that acts as a blower evacuating contaminants through special discharge ports at the bottom or in the side of the unit. Only purified air flows to the air filter elements.
- Remove up to 90% of impurities from intake air before the air enters the filter elements.
- Extend engine air filter life up to 10 times.
- Reduce down time by up to 50%.
- Prolong engine and turbocharger life.
- Save up to 10 % on fuel costs.
- Easy to install. Three plastic outlet reduction sleeves are provided with each assembly.
- Wide range of applications and flow rates.
- Steel housing, powder coat.
- High air flow, low differential design.
- The precleaners are self-powered and self-cleaning, requiring no electrical or exhaust gas power to dispose of separated particles. They require virtually no maintenance and should be inspected occasionally to insure that no foreign material has plugged intake or exhaust port areas.