Dustbuster - Combined System With Dynamic Precleaner
This range combines the security of a primary and safety element with an efficient, dynamic precleaner available in one compact, single-connection package. DUSTBUSTER Combination Precleaner / Air Filters have a steel housing with static vanes and a corrosion-proof rotor mounted on dual ball bearings over double-welded plate steel. The adjustable mounting band makes installation flexible. DUSTBISTER Combination Precleaner / Air Filters are powder coated for a durable, corrosion-resistant finish. Air flows range from 18 to 1517 CFM (0.5 to 43.0 m3/min).
DUSTBUSTER Combination Dynamic Precleaner / Air Filters are specifically designed to be connected to the air intake of the gasoline, diesel or compressed natural gas engines. The advantages of the systems include their compact size and ease of installation. The three-stage air filtration systems are designed with only one connection to the engine. Their applications include agricultural machinery; earth moving, construction and mining equipment; stationary engines; generator sets; trucks; pick-ups; off-road vehicles; material handling equipment; snow removal equipment and street sweepers.
HOW THEY WORK
At first stage, air enters the precleaner portion through static vanes, causing the air to spin. As the air spins, centrifugal force separates dust, dirt, insects, rain and snow from the air stream. The swirling air drives a high velocity rotor that acts as a blower, evacuating contaminants through special discharge ports in the side of the assembly. Only purified air flows to the air filter elements (primary and safety stage of filtration). These elements retain the 99,9% of the contaminants which were not eliminated in the first stage. Then clean air flows to the engine through the outlet pipe.
- Precleaner removes up to 90% of impurities from intake air before the air enters the filter elements.
- Extend engine air filter life.
- Reduce down time.
- Prolong engine and turbocharger life.
- Save on fuel costs.
- Adjustable mounting band is standard. Replacing the existing air cleaner with an DUSTBUSTER combination system requires just a few additional inches in length.
- Restriction indicator tapping point is standard.
- Wide range of applications and flow rates.
- Steel housing, powder coat.
- High air flow, low differential design.
- Standard element replacement.
- Safety element is standard in most models.
- Compact size and easy installation.
- Three stage filter with only one connection to the engine.
- The precleaner is self-powered and self-cleaning, requiring no electrical or exhaust gas power to dispose of separated particles. It requires virtually no maintenance and should be inspected occasionally to insure that no foreign material has plugged intake or exhaust port areas.